We've identified and created a number of tree trails across Greater Manchester that you can explore - find out more and download the trails below.
If you have a tree trail you would like to promote - please get in touch! We'd love to hear from you!
- Waterdale, Bury - part of City Forest Park - Waterdale is a fantastic mix of native woodland, wildflower meadows and ponds. It links to other green spaces in the surrounding area such as Phillips Park, Prestwich Clough, Drinkwater Park, Forest Bank and Rhodes Farm. The Trail was created by the Forestry Commission.
- Chorlton Water Park, Manchester - Created as part of City of Trees' Heritage Trees project, this this circular walk takes you around the lake, and points out some trees of note around the park. Available to download below.
- University of Manchester, Manchester - This online, interactive Tree Trail is a project led by the Environmental Sustainability team which has worked closely with Urban Green and City of Trees to develop three distinct trails that highlight 50 of the 1,500 trees across Oxford Road Campus, North Campus and Whitworth Park. Found online.
- University of Salford, Salford - This tree walk is a tour of some of the most popular and stunning trees across the university campus, Peel Park, David Lewis Playing Fields and The Meadow. The route is around 2 miles in total and is split into 3 trails, with different species along each trail. Found online.
- John Leigh Park, Trafford - Get to know your local park and venture on a journey of discovery though its rich tree heritage. Available to download below.
- Manchester City Centre - Tree trail which takes in nearly 30 trees of note right across Manchester from Deansgate to the Northern Quarter. See the trail on google maps
- Longford Park, Trafford - The Longford Park tree trail is an educational and family-friendly walk that starts at the café. Learn to ID some of the park's trees and find the fairy doors tucked away at the base of each tree trunk. You can use your phone, tablet or print a map out ahead of time. To access the map, follow the link below Tree Trail | Friends of Longford Park
Worthington Park, Trafford – This fascinating tree trail showcases a variety of 30 trees which are native to places all over the world. The trail is just over 1km long and perfect to do with friends, family or whilst walking the dog. Dowload the full map below!